Mark, Ashley, Hunter and Brigham

Est. March 2007

Tunes


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

A SCARY STORY FOR THE SEASON..........



As you all have read my mom has recently purchased two horses for her and my little sister Aspen! One is really nice and huge and the other one is tiny and pregnant. So you can just imagine what kind of attitude she has:) So to begin my story....My mom and I decided to take a nice relaxing ride together. Here is a picture of us riding. I am on the right and my mom is on the left. Im not suppose to tell but yes my mom was wearing that outfit! Anyways we were riding along and my husband called, as we were talking for a minute he asked what horse I was on. And I said the nice one of coarse and then my mom ( with her rinstone sun glasses and english saddle) said, "I got the lady". Which I made fun of her for saying :) So we are riding along and I decide to take my horse for a little run. My moms horse is a little competitive and out of nowhere here comes my mom!

All right mom! She was doing some pretty neat tricks catching up to me, but then a truck came up behind us and spooked her horse. The horse spooked and after some bucking and spinning my mom was on the ground :( this is the scary part of the story! So I ran over to her and tried to call my husband to come and get her, but of coarse she would no let me. So she laid there for a minute and then got up and said I have to get back on her!! (crazy old horse rules) I was gonna go kill that horse. So I got back on my horse to go and catch hers. After some intense "man from snowy river" riding, I still only had one horse and the other horse had broken one of her reins. (might I add I was pretty impressed with my first time rounding up skills ;) I was all the way across the field now so I decided to go get my mom because she was wounded.I rode up to my mom and said get on the back of my saddle and I will take you to your horse. So I reached down to help her and she got about halfway on and could not get up further because she could not find the stirrup to stand on! :) So she is straddling this horse from the side and we are both laughing to hard to even concentrate. I said, "mom are you on now?" "nope" "How about now?" "nope" Then something starts to happen....from some reason Im getting closer to the ground? So what happened was my little cliffhanger stayed there to long and the saddle gave way! So my mom fell to the ground (again) and I fell on top of her! The saddle is now on the horses belly and he is staring at us like we are crazy! (Im glad he did not run off) So that is where the "DRY" part of the story ends. Here my mom and I are laughing in the dirt unable to get control ourselves. Finally we get up, resaddle the horse and I say, "you get on first and I will climb up in front of you! (good idea) She gets on and I try to climb up. Im up but when I try to lift my leg over the horse I realize I cannot bend my knee that much due to a recent injury. So now the horse starts walking off pretty fast, Im kneeling on the saddle and my mom is hee hawing on the back! :) finally I manage a swing which was very awkward but it got me on! TADA! we are on the horse again. Then out of nowher Aspen comes runing across the feild out of breath and says," are you guys okay?" (yeah why? :) Keep in mind it is harvest in Aberdeen.
She said her and the whole field crew had just watched that whole thing and so she ran over to help us! Awesome dont you love and Audience! We looked around and realized every trucker, worker, tractor driver and the cellar crew just watched our whole performance! :) That made us laugh even harder! Well we did survive the whole thing and got both horses back home. My mom ended up with a couple of cuts on her hand and a big bruise, but I cant tell you where (her bum) because she will be embarressed;)
I think from now on we will stick to less exciting activities, although it was a very funny memory! If you are ever looking for a good time just come give "the lady" a try!

THE END

16 comments:

Vicki said...

I sincerely can't quit laughing. I have tears running. You described it perfectly. I'll think about this all day and laugh. I can just see it. Y'all are such good sports to share with us. :) Wish I could of been there but I know I would not of been able to help (due to laughing). :) Love ya, Aunt Vicki

Michelle said...

Too cute Ashley! :)

Love, Michelle

Shamae (Ghost written by Loren her hubby) said...

HA I am laughing out loud right now! I can totally picture that in my head! LOL But it is only funny because no one was seriously ingured. ;)

Dianne said...

Shamae-what are you talking about?? I was seriously "ingured"
and have the bruises to prove it! No, I won't show you my boo-boo! Dianne

Tara said...

HA! To funny! Im glad you are both ok. I can totally picture this whole scene playing out and you just laughing as the whole town of Aberdeen pretty much watches! :) You to are to funny! and Dianne I can't believe you would wear something out like that riding horses! For a minute I thought it was Ashley! :)

Dianne said...

Tara-you can bet if I did look like that-that is how I would dress! Somehow that outfit looses its' effect in a size 14!!! Ha! Ha! (Gree-zy Eggs, huh, Ash!)

Kristi said...

Remind me never to let grandma take my kids on a horse ride again! ;) That is too funny! I am glad you weren't hurt, but I do have to ask...was there any accidents due to laughing?

Great story, thanks for sharing!

Michelle said...

Thank you for saving my blog sweet gal! I couldn't find "minima" anywhere!!! Oh and I liked your goals for the next 10 years... I am still working on writing mine out! Love ya! Michelle

The Bergers said...

HA, LOL! You girls are seriously funny! I feel for you cuz i've done similar tricks on my horse and don't plan on getting back on a hore any time soon! I'm glad you are both ok! BTW - I am going private on my blog but want u all to still be able to get on so email me at kamberberger@msn.com and i will send u an invite!

Emily Vickery said...

That story makes me really tired, but it also makes me laugh really hard. Mom and Dad have aged like 20 years in the last 3 weeks due to crazy accidents. I guess they will always be young at heart, but in the meantime, we need to purchase them inflatable donut cushions so they will be able to sit down at church. I loved all the illustrations and your six goals. You are so very fun and I'm glad I get to see you every couple of weeks! love you, ems

Kristi said...

You need to tell your mom that with a body like that she needs to invest in some low rider jeans instead of the under the boob ones. :) I laughed so hard when you said that was you two riding horses! Ha I am still laughing.

Emily Vickery said...

What a snob you are, Lizzie! I have not heard from you in like three days! Mom saw your house and said it was so very cute. Hope Hunter is getting well; Bo says that he's feeling better...

Kristi said...

How is Hunter bug? I am so sad he is/was sick. I hope he is doing better and you too! love ya.

Trisha said...

Hey Ashley!!!

It's Trisha (Permann) Tigert. My mom gave me your e-mail address, but I've moved since then again, and so it's lost upstairs in all my office stuff (sorry). But, I have a blog now its:
tigertfamily.blogspot.com

and my e-mail address is:
solm16@yahoo.com

Please e-mail me so I can keep in touch!
Hunter is getting so big and he's such a cuttie!

I'm glad you're doing well and happy!
Take care and have fun on your cruise!
Trisha

Heather & Josh said...

I love that story Ashley!!! You crack me up with your story telling abilities...it just makes it even better.

Unknown said...

Hey, your crazy "old" friend found you! I hope that is ok! You are hilarious so I have to keep checking your blog! love ya, Tiff